commons-user mailing list archives

From "Schalk" <sch...@volume4.co.za>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] Problem when upload gif file
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:05:18 GMT
K.K.

It seems that you might be running IBM Websphere. I know of someone else
running this server that experienced exactly the same problem.

I am using the fileUpload package via Tomcat on Linux and have been able to
upload files as big as 100MB of any format without any problems.

You may check out IBM's website to see whether they have released a patch.

Kind Regards »
Schalk Neethling »
Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding
.emotionalize.conceptualize.visualize.realize
Tel: +27125468436
Fax: +27125468436
email: schalk@volume4.co.za
url: www.volume4.co.za
----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Cooper" <martinc@apache.org>
To: <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 7:40 AM
Subject: Re: [FileUpload] Problem when upload gif file

> It seems that you are trying to parse the multipart request from within a
> JSP page. This is definitely not recommended, and is untested. You should
do
> that from within a servlet.
>
> Nevertheless, if you are having a problem with *one specific GIF file*,
and
> can successfully upload other GIF files, and binary files in general,
please
> create a bug report, as described here:
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/site/bugs.html
>
> and attach the GIF file that is failing.
>
> --
> Martin Cooper
>

> "K K Fung (ASL)" <FUNGKK@hkairport.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to upload a gif file but got the following error. Beside that,
> upload text file is okay.
>
> org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Processing of
> multipart/form-data request failed. Stream ended unexpectedly
> at
> org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUpload.parseRequest(FileUpload.java:519)
> at
> org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUpload.parseRequest(FileUpload.java:355)
> at uploadfile_jsp_14._jspService(uploadfile_jsp_14.java:95)
> at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:139)
> at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
> va:286)
> at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:415)
> at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:544)
> at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletManager
> .java:827)
> at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycl
> eServlet.java:159)
> at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServle
> t.java:286)
> at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycle
> Servlet.java:106)
> at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.java:47
> 2)
> at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ServletMan
> ager.java:1012)
> at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletManag
> er.java:913)
> at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(W
> ebAppRequestDispatcher.java:499)
> at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequest
> Dispatcher.java:278)
> at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestD
> ispatcher.java:105)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:67)
> at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.
> java:123)
> at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedIn
> vocation.java:67)
> at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequ
> estProcessor.java:122)
> at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener
> .java:315)
> at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.http11.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.ja
> va:60)
> at

com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:313)