commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Jelly] Can't Find Jelly Tutorial
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 09:15:30 GMT
From: "Harold Russell" <hsropen@yahoo.com>
> I've cd to jelly-tags/swing and run maven demo:swing
> but
> got the following error.
>
> D:\apache_cvs_work_dir\jakarta-commons-sandbox\jelly\jelly-tags\swing
>
> [ERROR] java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> D:\apache_cvs_work_dir\jakarta-commons-sa
> ndbox\jelly\jelly-tags\swing\${basedir}\..\tag-project.xml
> (The system cannot fi
> nd the file specified)

This is a current unfortunate issue with the build mechanism. When Jelly got
refactored into multiple modules, the new build system currently depends on
CVS HEAD of Maven - the build fails on Maven 1.0 b7. There should be a new
Maven release real soon (hopefully Monday/Tuesday next week) so it will work
on b8 - though right now unfortunately a CVS HEAD of Maven is required to
run these demos.

Please note that the jars of Jelly and the various tag libraries can be
built via Ant - though the demos currently only work with the latest Maven
build system.

Sincere apologies about this - we should get over this hump in a few days
time.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/