commons-user mailing list archives

From "Schalk" <sch...@volume4.co.za>
Subject Re: [FileUpload] Problem when upload gif file
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:13:35 GMT
K.K.

There has been a bug reported in WebSphere that causes this error. You may
review the IBM
website to see whether they have issued a patch for this or migrate to a
different application
server. I use Tomcat with this and have not experienced this problem at all.

Kind Regards »
Schalk Neethling »
Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding
.emotionalize.conceptualize.visualize.realize
Tel: +27125468436
Fax: +27125468436
email: schalk@volume4.co.za
url: www.volume4.co.za
----- Original Message -----
From: "K K Fung (ASL)" <FUNGKK@hkairport.com>
To: "Jakarta Commons Users List" <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 9:38 AM
Subject: RE: [FileUpload] Problem when upload gif file

> Hi,
>
> This time I wrote a servlet to do the upload file job but when it run to
this line

> List items = upload.parseRequest(req);
>
> An exception throw:
> org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUploadException: Processing of
multipart/form-data request failed. Stream ended unexpectedly
> at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUpload.parseRequest(FileUpload.java:519)
> at
org.apache.commons.fileupload.FileUpload.parseRequest(FileUpload.java:355)
> at uploadFile.processRequest(uploadFile.java:49)
> at uploadFile.doPost(uploadFile.java:110)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletManager
.java:827)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycl
eServlet.java:159)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServle
t.java:286)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycle
Servlet.java:106)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.java:47
2)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ServletMan
ager.java:1012)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletManag
er.java:913)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(W
ebAppRequestDispatcher.java:499)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequest
Dispatcher.java:278)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestD
ispatcher.java:105)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:67)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.
java:123)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedIn
vocation.java:67)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CacheableInvocationContext.invoke(Cacheabl
eInvocationContext.java:106)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequ
estProcessor.java:125)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener
.java:315)
> at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.http11.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.ja
va:60)
> at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:313)
> at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:242)
> at com.ibm.ws.util.CachedThread.run(ThreadPool.java:122)
>
> It doesn't matter you upload any file or not, still throw the above
exception. I run this servlet under Websphere Enterprise 4.0 and JRUN Server
3.0 SP 2. JRUN run this program without problem.