commons-user mailing list archives

From "Derek A. Bodin" <bodi...@uwec.edu>
Subject RE: [FileUpload] basic question
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 22:15:35 GMT
Thanks for the help.  I figured out it was because I was using struts
and the request input stream had already been exhausted.  There should
be a warning about that.

-Derek

-----Original Message-----
From: Schalk [mailto:schalk@volume4.co.za]
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 3:49 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: [FileUpload] basic question

Derek

Below is the code:
/**
 * uploadFile.java
 *
 * Created on December 11, 2002, 11:40 PM
 *
 *
 * @author  Design_DEMON
 * @version 1.0
 * Based on base classes from org.apache.commons.fileupload
 * Explenation of Strings:<br>
 * public String folder:: This string contains the information of your
local
 * directory for testing your application locally.
 * <br>
 * public String tempFolder:: This is the location of your temp folder
when
 * testing the application locally.
 * <br>
 * public String serverFolder:: Uncomment this line when transfering the
files
 * to the server. This is the complete string from the server root.
 * <br>
 * public String serverTemp:: Uncomment this line when transfering to
the
server.
 * Tis should point to your temp directory on the server from the server
root.
 */

package volume4.sharelite.fileManager;

import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.lang.*;
import org.apache.commons.fileupload.*;
import java.net.*;
import java.sql.*;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

public class uploadFile extends HttpServlet {
    public String folder = "/Program Files/Apache Tomcat
4.0/webapps/PersonnelFinance/fileShare/fileExchange/files/";
    public String temp = "/temp";
    //public String serverFolder =
"/var/www/vhosts/personnelfinance/webapps/Persfin/fileShare/fileExchange
/fil
es/";
    //public String serverTemp =
"/var/www/vhosts/personnelfinance/webapps/Persfin/temp/";
    public String DRIVER, URL, USER, PASS, recipient, fieldName,
fieldData,
fileName, fileFieldName, comment, filePath;

    ServletContext context = getServletContext();
    DRIVER = context.getInitParameter("DRIVER");
    URL = context.getInitParameter("PFURL");
    USER = context.getInitParameter("PFUSER");
    PASS = context.getInitParameter("PFPASS");
    }

    protected void processRequest(HttpServletRequest req,
HttpServletResponse res)
    throws ServletException, java.io.IOException {

        res.setContentType("text/html");
        PrintWriter out = res.getWriter();
        Connection con = null;

        try {

            FileUpload upload = new FileUpload();

            upload.setSizeMax(400000000);
            upload.setSizeThreshold(4096);
            upload.setRepositoryPath(temp);

            List items = upload.parseRequest(req);

            Iterator iter = items.iterator();
            while (iter.hasNext()) {
            FileItem item = (FileItem) iter.next();

            if (item.isFormField()) {

                fieldName = item.getFieldName();

                if(fieldName.equals("recipient")) {
                fieldData = item.getString();
                recipient = fieldData;
                }
                else if(fieldName.equals("comment")) {
                fieldName = item.getFieldName();
                fieldData = item.getString();
                comment = fieldData;
                }
                System.out.println("recipient: ");
                System.out.println(recipient);
                System.out.println("comment: ");
                System.out.println(comment);

            } else {

                if(item.getName().equals("")) {
                    System.out.println("forwarding");
                } else {

            fileName = item.getName();
            fileFieldName = item.getFieldName();

            StringTokenizer tokenizer = new StringTokenizer(fileName,
"\\,
:, /");
            int amount = tokenizer.countTokens();
            for (int i = 0; i < amount -1; i++) {
                tokenizer.nextToken();
            }
            String currentFile = tokenizer.nextToken();
            filePath = folder + currentFile;

            item.getInputStream();
            item.write(folder + currentFile);

            item.delete();

            Class.forName(DRIVER);
            con = DriverManager.getConnection(URL,USER,PASS);
            PreparedStatement stmt = con.prepareStatement
            ("INSERT INTO fileexchange (fileName, fileURI, comments,
toUser)
" +
            "VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)"
            );

            stmt.setString(1, currentFile);
            stmt.setString(2, filePath);
            stmt.setString(3, comment);
            stmt.setString(4, recipient);

            int result = stmt.executeUpdate();
                }

        }
    }
res.sendRedirect("file_uploaded.jsp");

        }   catch(FileUploadException fue) {
         fue.printStackTrace();
         out.println("There was and error when reading and writing the
file
to the server.");

        } catch(Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
}

    protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse
res)
    throws ServletException, java.io.IOException {
        processRequest(req, res);
    }

    protected void doPost(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse
res)
    throws ServletException, java.io.IOException {
        processRequest(req, res);
    }
}

Kind Regards >
Schalk Neethling >
Volume4.Development.Multimedia.Branding
.emotionalize.conceptualize.visualize.realize
Tel: +27125468436
Fax: +27125468436
email: schalk@volume4.co.za
url: www.volume4.co.za