commons-user mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Newbie: Digester "clazz" ???
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 13:28:58 GMT

It's a feature of Java. You can specify the java.lang.Class object for a
class as a literal:  java.lang.String.class  or
org.apache.log4j.Log.class etc. These are then automatically turned into
the Class object [as found through getClass() on an object of that class].

As 'class' is a reserved word, people often use 'clss' or 'clazz' as a
variable name for it.

My apologies if I've not understood the question,

Hen