commons-user mailing list archives

From "Maurice Schneider" <>
Subject Réf. : trying to use one of the examples
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 07:15:10 GMT

In order to use https, you have to copy jcert.jar, jsse.jar and jnet.jar
in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext.

Then, you have to define the following system property in your JVM

sth. like:

Hope this helps
Maurice Schneider

tel: +41 (0)21/644 6074
fax: +41 (0)21/644 6300

"Mike Oliver" <>
10.01.2003 04:31
Veuillez répondre à "Jakarta Commons Users List"

        Pour :  <>
        cc :
        Objet : trying to use one of the examples

If I use the example ClientApp and enter the URL

It throws a MalformedURLException and if look at the exception thrown
and caught I see it says "unknown protocol https".

I have been through the javadocs and examples, how about a hint? What do
I do to ClientApp to get https URLs to work?

Michael Oliver
Chief Technology Officer
AppsAsPeers LLC
7391 S. Bullrider Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85747
520.574.1150 Voice
520.844.1036 Fax
520.270.8862 Cell <>  Home Page SMS <>  Personal
Home Page  Instant Chat MSN Messenger Yahoo Instant Messenger
MikeOliverAZ Aol Instant Messenger