commons-user mailing list archives

From sergiob...@bb.com.br
Subject Re: How to Pooling preparedStatements fixed
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:01:13 GMT

Thanks for your attention.
 I don´t know what i did wrong but it's working fine now, whithout any
changes. Maybe i needed just some ice on my brain.

                                         Para:   Jakarta Commons Users List <commons-user@jakarta.apache.org>

               Rodney Waldhoff           cc:

               <rwaldhoff@apache.        Assunto:     Re: How to Pooling preparedStatements

               org>

               31/12/2002 07:44

               PST

               Responder a

               "Jakarta Commons

               Users List"

I don't see any problems with the sample code you provided.  Based upon
the "connection is closed" message, I'm guessing the problem lies in the
way you're interacting with the JDBC classes.  Just to rule out the
obvious, you're not trying to use a PreparedStatement after the Connection
has been closed, are you?

Another possiblity is that you've somehow returned a connection to the
pool more than once, and now two clients are holding onto it (and one
closes it out from under the other).  I think there are programatic checks
that prevent that in the recent DBCP builds, but I'm not sure off hand how
recently that was added (i.e., it may have been after the 1.0 release).

mailto:commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>