commons-user mailing list archives

From "Bernhard Wagner" ...@xmlizer.biz>
Subject RE: [jelly] csv file to database
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:12:19 GMT

Additionally, I would add an attribute to the csv tag called
recordSeparator.
There are some conventions as to how csv fields are encoded (particularly in
M$ environments), e.g. how to escape commas within fields when comma is the
field separator (typically by quoting the field with double quotes (");
double quotes themselves within quoted fields are quoted as double double
quotes (""), etc. etc.).
One trap that should be avoided: newlines within fields should not be
misinterpreted as record separators...
I am currently unaware of a Java library that would support these
requirements but am willing to contribute outlining/implementing something
like this.

Bernhard