commons-user mailing list archives

From "Linda Steckel" <>
Subject RE: [DBCP] connection closing problem
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:26:04 GMT

I too have a connection closing(? or something) problem.  I use Oracle 8i
thin driver.  I have a validation query set up in JNDI.  I have posted
messages with the exact configuration.  For the most part it works
beautifully.  If I manually kill a connection through an Oracle tool, the
pooling successfully opens another connection.  However, after an unknown
period of time (and not necessarily database idleness), I get an error that
says the connection is closed.  If I look at the database, it appears that
the connection is still there and not actually closed.  I also am having
trouble debugging what is going on.  In anycase, I also dropped this for a
while but will be looking at this again in detail next week.

View raw message