commons-user mailing list archives

From "xserty@libero.it" <xse...@libero.it>
Subject Re: [DBCP] weird behavior?
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 17:22:59 GMT
Thanks Craig for your quick and very exhaustive answers!
I also read your work around in an earlier post on hot to create a minimum
number of connections in the pool:

> "In the startup logic of your application, just create a loop that requests
> the appropriate number of instances of your connection object (without
> returning them), followed by returning them all.  That way, the pool will
> have the preconfigured instances available by the time your application
> actually starts using them."

Doing such an implementation, I can get maxIdle to work as an initialization
feature, but is there a work around to get make the pool manager to open
a new idle connection if all connections are borrowed?
And one last question:
What's maxActive's setting to not limit the number of connections?
Doesn't seem to work with 0 or -1.
Should I just set it to an arbitrary high number?
Thank you very much!
	Stephen