commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ryan Vanderwerf" <rvanderw...@metrowerks.com>
Subject RE: messenger: running on caucho resin
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 17:04:35 GMT
Thanks for the response! Yes I've used OpenJMS with Caucho Resin the
past without a problem, however I did write my own session management
class - it was very messy though - which is the reason messenger looks
so appealing :)

I'll look into writing my own SessionFactory implementation which at
least gives me a more organized structure to do it in.

What is weird is it's talking to OpenJMS in some way now, if my OpenJMS
isn't running it tells me so in the debug log. I'm not sure how to get a
better stack trace out of the debug stuff. It doesn't look hard to make
my own session factory anyways.

Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: James Strachan [mailto:james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 8:35 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: messenger: running on caucho resin

Knowing the stack trace of the underlying NotSerializableException would
help some. From what you've given it looks like Messenger is trying to
lookup a JMS TopicConnectionFactory from JNDI and failing with a
Resin-generated NotSerializableException message.

First off; can you get OpenJMS to work with Resin at all? i.e. lookup an
OpenJMS TopicConnectionFactory in Resin's JNDI?

What could well be easier for you is to write a plugin for Messenger, a
SessionFactory implementation...

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/messenger/apidocs/org/apache/c
ommons/messenger/SessionFactory.html

which explicitly creates OpenJMS connections. Then you don't need to
worry about JNDI. All you need to do is implement the
createConnectionFactory() method to create an OpenJMS specific
ConnectionFactory and you're away.

FWIW SpiritWave comes with its own Messenger factory to avoid the need
to use JNDI to create JMS connections with Messenger; I'm sure the same
could be done for OpenJMS.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/