commons-user mailing list archives

From "Nelson, Laird" <Laird.Nel...@FMR.COM>
Subject RE: [Unverified Sender] RE: [BeanUtils] "Diff" for beans?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:50:15 GMT

Actually, wait a minute; maybe it's just another property whose value has
changed, viz. the count or number of elements.

So if my reference graph is this:

    oo
    /\
   /  \
  oo  oo
  /\
 /  \
oo  oo

...and my "comparison" graph is this:

    oo
    /
   /
  oo
  /\
 /  \
oo  oo

...then the "count" property of the top node's child nodes has changed.

Off to refresh my ailing memory on the Javabeans specification.  Is there a
requirement for indexed properties that the count/length/size of the
collection be exposed?

Laird