commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] value-of ??
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:22:31 GMT

Le vendredi, 17 jan 2003, à 20:03 Europe/Berlin, James Strachan a écrit
:

> It'd be a fairly minor patch to the transform tag to allow a node or
> nodeset to be passed in as the source XML...
> <x:parse var="doc" xml="foo.xml"|/>
> <!-- define a variable to be the result of an XPath -->
> <x:set var="input" select="$doc//foo[@bar='abc']"/>
> <!-- now pass in the nodes to XSLT -->
> <x:transform xslt="foo.xsl" xml="${input}"/>

Yes, that would be simple and efficient... for sure !
(how generic is the transform tag ? I got surprised to be required to
put xalan in, I would have expected TRaX to be used...).

> Yet another option could be to pass values into the stylesheet as a
> parameter.

That sounds a bit fuzzy to me but would be definitely elegant!
How would you do this ?