commons-user mailing list archives

From p...@shareowner.com
Subject RE: DBCP: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'n ull'
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 17:10:05 GMT
I think it depends on the container. Mine is Tomcat 4.1.x. There are bunches
of jars in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib:

- classes12.JAR (not ZIP)
- jdbc2_0-stdext.jar
- commons-dbcp.jar
- commons-pool.jar

In my web app's WEB-INF/lib, I only include struts.jar

Regards,

PQ

"This Guy Thinks He Knows Everything"
"This Guy Thinks He Knows What He Is Doing"

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Schofield [mailto:news@schof.com]
Sent: January 6, 2003 11:58 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: DBCP: java.sql.SQLException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'n
ull'

>Place your classes12.jar in tomcat's common/lib
>
>Regards,
>

>PQ

It sounds like he already tried that.  What about your web app?  Is
classes12.jar in that lib directory as well?  If so, this will likely be
your problem.  This happened to me once and I just excluded the
classes12.jar (actually i think mine was classes12_01.jar) from the web
app when building the WAR file.

- sean