commons-user mailing list archives

From "ANDERSON Scott" <Scott.ANDER...@thetakgroup.com>
Subject [FileUpload] small files okay...big files not okay
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:26:43 GMT
Thanks for your reply.  Could you inform me of where I can find the code
for sample applications, such as struts-upload, for ideas on how to
structure my own application?

Thanks.

On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, ANDERSON Scott wrote:

> I'm trying to use the sample code from the intro page to see if this
> package will work for me:
>
>     FileUpload upload = new FileUpload();
>     upload.setSizeMax(MAX_UPLOAD_SIZE);
>     upload.setSizeThreshold(MAX_MEMORY_SIZE);
>     upload.setRepositoryPath(TEMP_DIR);
>     List items = upload.parseRequest(request);
>     Iterator iter = items.iterator();
>     while (iter.hasNext()) {
> 	}
>
> I set MAX_UPLOAD_SIZE to -1 since I read that that would allow files
of
> any size on the javadocs.  I've tried various values for
> MAX_MEMORY_SIZE, but I always have the same problem: small files work
> fine, but large files either get corrupted, cause exceptions, or don't
> get uploaded at all.
>
> Anyone else have this problem before and know how to fix it?

I have not experienced this problem, and I've uploaded some pretty large
files (e.g. > 60MB) using this package, without problems.

Struts and Turbine both use this package. You might want to take a look
at
sample applications, such as struts-upload, for ideas on how to
structure
your own application.

--
Martin Cooper