commons-user mailing list archives

From Todd Jonker <...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [Jelly] double dereference of a property?
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:07:13 GMT
Should the use of varName in the second line be quoted? I've always had to
do that.  (Assuming that varName is to be interpreted as a String literal.)

Is there a reference to the JEXL expression language?  It's a frequent
stumbling block for me as I learn Jelly.

On 1/14/03 2:58 AM, james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> One way is to use the property name variable to lookup the variable. e.g.
>
> <j:set var="varName" value="some.file.property"/>
> <j:set var="filename" value="${context.getVariable(varName)}"/>

.T.

--
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
  -- Lao-Tzu, philosopher (6th century BCE)