commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Betwixt] reading/writing xml with existing @id attribute
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 21:03:50 GMT
hi kevin

i don't think that you're missing anything here. betwixt only allows all
or nothing.

i suppose that it would be possible to replace the simple
attributeForPrimitives with some sort of strategy interface which would
allow the user to specify a custom policy about which properties should
map to attributes and which to elements. maybe i'll add this to the to do
list but we're focused on pushing towards that alpha release so don't
expect it to be done any time soon.

if it's a real itch then maybe you might want to contribute a patch to
provide this functionality. if so, i'll certainly provide whatever help i
can.

- robert