commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject [jelly] ParsteTag class to become more abstract ?
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 22:27:02 GMT

Hi,

As I am using and intend to use JDOM for my project, I would like to
imitate portions of the very nice XML tag-library of Jelly.

At least for now, I'd like jdom:parse, jdom:set, and jdom:copyOf.
For the parsing operations, I would enjoy subclassing
org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.xml.ParseTag which has everything needed
except...

-> it's in the XML tag-library so my JDOM thing would depend on the
DOM4j thing which the XML tag-library is !
-> it has no convincing reasons, that I see, to actually use dom4j
Documents as results...

Any chance we could switch to something slightly more abstract within a
utility package in jelly ?

Thanks.

Paul