commons-user mailing list archives

From Francois Swiegers <FSwieg...@RUBICO.COM>
Subject RE: [JXPath] Accessing and setting multidimensional arrays
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:36:53 GMT
Hi Dmitri

I am still struggling with multi-dim arrays. Accessing and setting multi-dim
arrays when the elements are already defined works perfectly. However, I am
struggling to create and/or expand multi-dim arrays using an ObjectFactory
together with the createPath method. I have included my Test Case with the
mail for reference.

In short, the exception I get when I try to create the path is:

org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Exception trying to create xpath
testPerson/intMatrix[2]/.[2]; java.lang.StackOverflowError
at
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.createPath(JXPathCon
textReferenceImpl.java:346)
at
org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.createPath(JXPathCon
textReferenceImpl.java:324)

I THINK the problem occurrs because with multi-dim arrays, you have to
declare the size of the 2nd, 3rd, etc. dimension, even though you do not
want to set it yet using the ObjectFactory.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

Francois
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail message (and attachments) contains confidential information
intended only for the person/s to whom it is addressed. It is subject to
legal privilege and any copying or unauthorised disclosure of the contents
other than to the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please notify us by telephone and erase all copies of the message
and attachments. Thank you for your assistance.