commons-user mailing list archives

From Francois Swiegers <FSwieg...@RUBICO.COM>
Subject RE: [JXPath] Accessing and setting multidimensional arrays
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:56:10 GMT
Hi Dmitri

Yes, you are right - I was using an ObjectFactory that did not create
multi-dim arrays correctly. Thank you for the reponse.

Francois

-----Original Message-----
From: Dmitri Plotnikov [mailto:dplotnik@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 09, 2003 9:29 PM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: RE: [JXPath] Accessing and setting multidimensional arrays

Francois,

I tried to reproduce the problem, but with no luck.  The only way I
managed to get that exception thrown was when I specified an element of
the matrix that did not actually exist.  For example if the matrix was
[1,1] and I attempted to set the element [2,2], I got that exception.
(The verbiage of the exception could use some improvement, of course).

Could it be that you too are trying to set a non-existent element of
the matrix?

- Dmitri

--- Francois Swiegers <FSwiegers@RUBICO.COM> wrote:
> I used the nightly build from the 5th (commons-jxpath-20030105.zip)
>
> Thanks for the help.

org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.setValue(JXPathConte
> > xtReferenceImpl.java:318)
> >      [java] 	at

org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.setValue(JXPathConte
> > xtReferenceImpl.java:309)
> >
> > Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Francois Swiegers
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> > This e-mail message (and attachments) contains confidential
> > information
> > intended only for the person/s to whom it is addressed. It is
> subject
> > legal privilege and any copying or unauthorised disclosure of the
> > contents
> > other than to the addressee is prohibited. If you have received
> this
> > e-mail
> > in error please notify us by telephone and erase all copies of the
> > message
> > and attachments. Thank you for your assistance.
> >

> > --
> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> > <mailto:commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> <mailto:commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> This e-mail message (and attachments) contains confidential
> information
> intended only for the person/s to whom it is addressed. It is subject
> legal privilege and any copying or unauthorised disclosure of the
> contents
> other than to the addressee is prohibited. If you have received this
> e-mail
> in error please notify us by telephone and erase all copies of the
> message
> and attachments. Thank you for your assistance.
>

> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:
> <mailto:commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>

For additional commands, e-mail:
<mailto:commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This e-mail message (and attachments) contains confidential information
intended only for the person/s to whom it is addressed. It is subject to