commons-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Nichols <nx10m...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [jelly] Refactoring weirdness
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 00:33:04 GMT
At 15:32 28/01/03 -0800, Morgan Delagrange wrote:
>AFAIK the build is currently stable.  If you want the
>most recent versions of jelly and the bean taglib, you
>could grab them from last night's gump run:
>

>http://gump.covalent.net/jars/latest/jakarta-commons-sandbox/

Thanks - "latest" symlink seems to have evaporated, got the jars from
http://gump.covalent.net/jars/2003-01-27/jakarta-commons-sandbox/

Great - just what I need.

>With regard to your build problem and Maven, my best
>guess is that either your Maven bootstrap is too old
>(even a week would not work, welcome to Maven)

:) I'm using a pre-built beta 7 ...

>or the
>ibiblio repository of Jelly jars is out of date.  Out
>of date ibiblio jars would also explain your Ant
>problems.
>
>Here's another script you can try from the jelly
>directory, which will build Jelly, bean, and its
>dependencies from HEAD from scratch.  (Let me know if
>it works.  :)
>
>   cd jelly
>   ant -f build-all.xml clean-skiplib jar-bean

Took half an hour - appeared to be in a dependency loop where it keeps
executing the [get-deps] target and downloading all the jars from ibiblio,
did this 3 times. Some [ERROR] messages re XMLParser, but it runs to BUILD
SUCCESSFUL and builds
jelly/target/commons-jelly-1.0-beta-4-SNAPSHOT.jar
jelly/jelly-tags/bean/target/commons-jelly-tags-bean-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

which I guess is a success? Will test tomorrow.

>or you can try editing your maven environment to build
>everything from scratch, if you prefer using Maven.

The Ant approach is fine for now - thanks.

>think (don't quote me on this) that you would need to:
>
>   cd jelly
>   maven clean jar:install-snapshot
>   <edit maven.xml to use the jar:install-snapshot
>target for tags-build>
>   maven tags-build
>
>That build will actually build ALL the tags, rather
>than just bean and its dependencies.
>
>- Morgan

Thanks a lot for your help, I  now have *two* versions of the relevant
jars. Much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Thomas.