commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] ParsteTag class to become more abstract ?
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 14:02:08 GMT

Le Mercredi, 29 janv 2003, à 12:25 Europe/Berlin, James Strachan a
écrit :

> If you're willing to do the work this sounds fine with me. Then we
> could have a jdom library or a W3C DOM library.

Currently working on that... looks like not everything could be done
such a generic ParseTag, in particular, the definition of the variable
cannot... because you have no way to extract a kind "document" from a
sax ContentHandler... but it's slowly going.

> One nice patch would be to provide a generic Navigator for Jaxen so
> that it'd evaluate XPath expressions on any kind of XML object model.

But doesn't Jaxen have this generic interface already ?
Do you mean we should use Jaxen instead of the bundled dom4j one?

> Then it wouldn't matter which xml library was used to create DOM-ish
> objects, all the XPath related tags (JellyUnit etc) would
> just work.

Oh, that would be more involved... I am not sure to get what the
difference would be here...

Paul