commons-user mailing list archives

From "Raible, Matt" <Matt_Rai...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject JDBCRealm in Tomcat with DBCP and Oracle
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:52:16 GMT
Sorry for the cross-post as some of you might've seen this on the
tomcat-user list:
---

I am using Tomcat's JDBCRealm as well as a DBCP Connection pool.  I am
connecting to Oracle 9, and everything works fine - for about 24 hours.
I've experienced this with MySQL and adding autoReconnect=true to the
connectionURL fixed the problem.  However, adding this to Oracle's
connectionURL causes a "Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'".

My connectionURL is:

jdbc:oracle:thin:username/password@host:1521:sid

Could this be an Oracle issue - where I need to lengthen the timeout for my
user?

Thanks,

Matt