commons-user mailing list archives

From "Raible, Matt" <Matt_Rai...@cable.comcast.com>
Subject BeanUtils.copyProperties and ConvertUtils
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 20:30:17 GMT
I am using BeanUtils.copyProperties to copy a POJO to a Struts Action Form.
The POJO has a number of List properties for children of the object.  I am
able to copy all properties successfully from the POJO to the ActionForm
where there are ArrayList properties for the children.  I am doing this
using ConvertUtils and my own ListConverter.  You can find the code for my
convert method in my ListConverter at http://tinyurl.com/4j4g if you're
interested.

Like I said, everything was working fine, until I added indexed properties
into the mix today.  Now none of my lists are copied using
BeanUtils.copyProperties().

I have getPropertyList() and setPropertyList(ArrayList) on my form.  I also
have getPropertyList(int index) and setPropertyList(int index, ArrayList).

If I remove these "indexed" getter/setters - everything works as expected.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt