commons-user mailing list archives

From Christian Sell <>
Subject Re: [jelly] Refactoring weirdness
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 00:23:58 GMT
Thomas Nichols wrote:
> Jelly-oids,
> The current refactoring is causing me some head-scratching - am I doing
> something wrong? I'm trying to use BeanTagLibrary (thanks to Christian
> et al for pointers) and all was progressing well - except for some
> peculiar warnings when running the test suite
> src/test/org/apache/commons/jelly/bean/TestJelly
> -- from memory, [WARN] messages that Customer bean was not being added
> to a parent.
> After a cvs up -Pd (and some disk thrashing) I no longer have access to
> BeanTagLibrary - it seems it's now in a separate jar (excellent) which I
> am unable to build (less excellent).
> I can build CVS HEAD fine from the jelly dir with
> cvs up -Pd
> maven clean:clean
> maven java:jar
> But building the Bean jar breaks for me. I tried
> cd [jellydir]/jelly-tags/bean
> maven java:compile
> which breaks with
> [ERROR]
> /home/thomasn/dev/jakarta-commons-sandbox/jelly/jelly-tags/bean/${basedir}/../tag-project.xml

> (No such file or directory)

I had that, too. The remedy for me was "cvs co jakarta-maven" and then
"ant build-bootstrap" (or so, read the docs).

> Running 'ant' in this dir downloads a bunch of support jars, then throws
> a compiler error (Uncaught exception, which
> looks very odd to me, the exception handling looks OK.

as Morgan said, a problem with outdated jars on ibiblio. Someone changed
the exceptions thrown by tag implementations, which is (was?) not yet
reflected in the ibiblio jars. This is bleeding-edgeland. You may indeed
be better off waiting a few days.