commons-user mailing list archives

From Christian Sell <christian.s...@netcologne.de>
Subject Re: [jelly] question
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:13:03 GMT
James Strachan wrote:
> From: "James Strachan" <james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk>
>
>>This does look kinda spooky - am not sure of the answer. It looks like
>>expressions are throwing the whitespace handling out of whack. There were

>>whole bunch of JUnit (or JellyUnit tests for this kind of thing but I
>
> can't
>
>>seem to find them right now.
>

> Aha - the JellyUnit tests I was thinking of are here...
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons-sandbox/jelly/src/test/org/apa
> che/commons/jelly/suite.jelly?rev=HEAD
>
> look for testTrim

erm.. what do you want me to do with that? The test case does not seem
to work properly, as it does not flag an error, yet the behavior I have
demonstrated does not make sense at all.

and I am still left with the question: "how do I output a line of text
with a carriage return, with no prefix, no external whitespaces, and
without having to reconfigure some logging framework."

Christian