commons-user mailing list archives

From "Howard Miller" ...@howardmiller.co.uk>
Subject Logging again
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 21:46:57 GMT
Ha! good news and bad....

I got a trace going with the addition of..

-Dorg.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=trace

This gives me the output...

[DEBUG] Digester - -  Fire body() for
ObjectCreateRule[className=org.alicats.mailer.Config,
attributeName=null]
[DEBUG] Digester - -  Popping body text ''
[DEBUG] Digester - -  Fire end() for
ObjectCreateRule[className=org.alicats.mailer.Config,
attributeName=null]
[DEBUG] Digester - -[ObjectCreateRule]{mailer} Pop
org.alicats.mailer.Config
[DEBUG] sax - -endDocument()

This seems to be firing the rules for the opening and closing
root tags (<mailer>) and skipping everything else. Why might
this happen? Why does it say (atributeName=null)? I have a
load of addBeanPropertySetters in there to catch the
intermediate elements and they seem to be completely ignored.

Stumped!