commons-user mailing list archives

From "Howard Miller" ...@howardmiller.co.uk>
Subject Digester - Aaargh
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2003 11:35:11 GMT
Hi,

I can't get th digester to work....

Basically, I can't get results back off the stack. I am creating a bean which has one
property - the root of my parse tree. I am pushing that onto the stack (digester.push(
hackBean )), I then call digester.parse( file ). I dont' get any errors from the parse, but

when I try to pop "hackBean" off the stack, the stack is empty!!

Are there any "gotchas" that I might be missing. I can't find any examples of doing
this!! My xml file and rules are trivial, so I have posted them here as well....

Any help appreciated

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<survey>

  <survey-name>
    Test Survey
  </survey-name>
</survey>

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<digester-rules>

  <pattern value="survey">
    <object-create-rule classname="org.alicats.quest.Survey" />
    <call-method-rule pattern="name" methodname="setName" />
    <set-next-rule methodname="setSurvey" />
  </pattern>

</digester-rules>