commons-user mailing list archives

From "Howard Miller" ...@howardmiller.co.uk>
Subject Newbie: Digester "clazz" ???
Date Thu, 02 Jan 2003 13:17:34 GMT
Hi,

Sorry this is going to be a stupid newbie question....

In the Javadocs for the Digester components, a number of the rule
setting methods have parameters in the form "java.lang.Class
clazz". This has got me worried, as I don't understand what is going
on here. My expectation is that if the rule just created a new object it
would be "java.lang.Object object", so I have obviously failed to
understand something. What are the ZZs all about?

Furthermore an example I found the The O'Reilly site used this
method with a (actual) parameter looking like "Catalog.class", I
haven't seen the ".class" method used before, and I'm not that new
to Java!!

What's going on here? Help appreciated.

Howard Miller