commons-user mailing list archives

From "Wannheden, Knut" <>
Subject RE: [jelly] echo tag
Date Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:20:42 GMT
> <j:echo stdout="true" stderr="false" xmlout="false"
> endcr="true">this is
> a message</j:echo>

Shouldn't at least the xmlout attribute be left out?  It's kind of
duplicating what a simple XML text node would do.  I think the <j:echo/> tag
should focus on one thing: writing to the console (stdout or sterr).

IMHO, the log taglib is enough.  I'm sure you can attach a log listener
which formats the output the way you want.  Although I don't know if there's
a log listener concept as in Ant, but you can certainly write your own