commons-user mailing list archives

From Gary Gregory <>
Subject RE: [lang] Is there a schedule?
Date Sat, 25 Jan 2003 00:17:26 GMT
I do not think we are quite done with this topic. Can someone clarify where
we stand?

Thank you,

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary Gregory []
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 7:42 AM
To: 'Jakarta Commons Users List'
Subject: RE: [lang] Is there a schedule?

Are we saying that a 1.0.2 release is not possible since the fixes are
significant and break API contracts which is why the next release /must/ be
a minor or major release /and/ that if we are talking about a major or minor
release then we must talk about (argue) new features, which is "painful"?

What about a minor (1.1) release with all bug fixes and no new feature? Then
a release for new features. Just one step at a time, splitting the arguing
b/w bug arguments and feature arguments?