commons-user mailing list archives

From Ashok Bhargav <ashokbhar...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [HTTPCLIENT] Root Error-1: javax/net/SocketFactory
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:04:31 GMT
Does anybody know if we can use HTTPCliet in Websphere
  3.5 with HTTPS?
It works with WSAD 4.0 in my development box; when I
move it to an Unix box with Websphere 3.5 I get the
following error.

System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs","com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");

>  int httpPort 		= 80;
>  int httpsPort		= 443;
>  String host         = "www.someValidURL.com"";
> HostConfiguration hc = new HostConfiguration();
> hc.setHost(host,httpPort,"http");
>

> ----------- Error ------------------------
>

> Root Error-1: javax/net/SocketFactory
> java.lang.Exception: javax/net/SocketFactory
>      at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native
> Method)
>      at
> java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled
> Code)
>      at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
>      at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
>      at

jsp.ClearCache._ClearCacheServer_jsp_16._jspService(_ClearCacheServer_jsp_16.java:249)

>      at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Compiled
> Code)
>      at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled
> Code)
>      at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(Compiled
> Code)
>      at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(Compiled
> Code)
>      at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(Compiled
> Code)
>      at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled
> Code)
>      at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(Compiled
> Code)
>      at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(Compiled
> Code)
>      at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(Compiled
> Code)
>      at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(Compiled
> Code)
>      at

com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(Compiled