commons-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Westbom <swest...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: commons dbcp - random exhausted resultsets
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 01:25:21 GMT

Can you get a stack trace?  There are two bugs with multiple result set handling in the result
set wrapper class within the dbcp package in the next() and close() wrapper methods.  I fixed
them on my sandbox and sent them to the commons package owner email address describing the
problem.
The bug I get is a null pointer exception in mine, not an exhausted error, but this was using
Sybase's ResultSet and CallableStatement implementations, not Oracle's.  The same problem
could be manifested differently with Oracle.
Thanks

 Takeshi L Toyohara <ttoyohara@cauldronsolutions.com> wrote:hey all,

just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with getting the ol
SQLException: Exhausted ResultSet, even though i have a while(rs.next()).

running tomcat4 (4.0 and 4.1)
oracle 9i
using the commons dbcp as the connection pool as described in the tomcat
conn pool FAQ
classes12.zip (oracle 9i thin driver)

here's the code snippet thats barfing. there is not a pattern to how many
times through the while loop it goes before it fails and spits up the
SQLException. anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

some more info: i printed out the value of rs.next() and its "true" right
before i get the Exhausted ResultSet exception. fairly interesting...

thanks in advance

----------
rs = DBU.executeQuery(SQL, args);

while (rs.next())
{
currIntID = rs.getString(1); // this statement throws an exception after
N(unknown)
// times through the while() loop
}

rs.close(),ps.close(),conn.close(),etc.