commons-user mailing list archives

From Dmitri Plotnikov <dplot...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [JXPath] Accessing and setting multidimensional arrays
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 16:17:56 GMT
This is supposed to work.  I have a JUnit test,
MixedModelTest.testListList(), that has almost exactly your case.  I
should really add a test that covers multidimensional arrays
explicitly.  Will do.

Are you using the nightly build? Tell me exactly what build you are
using.

- Dmitri

--- Francois Swiegers <FSwiegers@RUBICO.COM> wrote:
> How do you access and modify properties that are multidimensional
> arrays
> using JXPath?
>
> Here is my bean:
>
> public Person {
> public int[][] getMatrix();
> public void setMatrix(int[][] matrix);
> }
>
> To access the value of an element [x,y] in the array, I use:
>
> ctx.getValue("person/matrix[x]/.[y]");
>
> This works fine, but is there a better way of doing it?
>
> How can I set the value of element in the Bean?
>
> ctx.setValue("person/matrix[x]/.[y]", "10");
>
> causes:
>
>      [java] org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Exception
> trying to
> set value with xpath person/matrix[4]/.[1]; Cannot setValue of an
> object
> that is not some other object's property
>      [java] 	at

org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.setValue(JXPathConte