commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Jelly] Running Jelly:SWT's withouth creating a new shell?
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:17:38 GMT
From: "Dag √ėyvind Liodden" <dag@liodden.no>
> Works great! I'd like to see another feature, though. :) It would be nice
> be able to set a default value for the style-property of a tag. Buttons,
for
> example, always appear without a border around them if you don't specify
it
> (I know, this is SWT's implementation). Is it possible to do something
like:

> <j:set-default tag="Button" style="border"/>

What i've done for now is given all the SWT widgets a reasonable default -
so buttons, labels, shells, trees, tables have sensible defaults. There's a
new little demo that shows this in action (again clickable from the 'maven
demo' UI)

Also added 2 new tags, <menuBar/> and <menuSeparator/> which avoid
specifying some styles when defining menus.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/