commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [jelly] classpath issues (was Re: [jelly] value-of ??)
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:48:28 GMT
From: "Paul Libbrecht" <paul@activemath.org>
> >I use CVS HEAD of Maven to build Jelly libraries and run the unit tests.
Or
> >add Maven targets to run certain sample programs.
>
> True, I could go in that route... it's not that perfect... I would say...
> (does the dependency system of maven actually crawl through
> dependencies ? i.e. can I say I am depending on a project ??)

Not quite. Though its easy to inspect any project and see its dependencies
(just look for //dependency in the project.xml of a Maven built project).

> I am currently making something that should depend on xml and ant
> tag-libraries...
> Compilation needed a bit  tweaking as well (especially the xml
> tag-library (currently retrying).
>

>http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons-sandbox/jelly/jelly-tags/swin
> /maven.xml?rev=HEAD
>
> I would have a simple wish: generate me a list of classpath from such
> target. That would be ideal!
> (and I am pretty sure many other people would want that...).

Maven can take care of that for you. Or Maven can generate an Ant build file
that does it for you? Or if you just wanted an XML file containing the
dependencies, try reusing the project.xml? If you want a String of what the
classpath should be for a projet, I'm sure that'd be easy to do also.
Either a new Maven plugin or a little bit of Jelly code in your maven.xml

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/