commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [jelly] taglib implementation questions
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:21:43 GMT
From: "Christian Sell" <christian.sell@netcologne.de>
> attached are the patch files, along with one new file.
>
> What I have done is
>
> 1. added lookup for addXX method in BeanPropertyTag, so that the
> parameter class is used as the nested element class if no createXX
> method is present
>
> 2.some cleanup and fixes. I have enabled the beandef tag (className
> property), and used it in the testcases instead of the statically
> defined customer tag.
>
> 3. added and modified testcases. I have changed the test taglib to not
> inherit from BeanTagLibrary any more. The Order class now has an
> addProduct instead of a createProduct, to test the new method lookup.
> Added one test case for nesting inside arbitrary tags
>

> BTW, the nesting inside arbitrary (BeanSource) tags was basically
> working before all this ;-).

I know :-). Also note that the Ant library uses the same BeanSource
interface as does <j:useBean> and any derivation of UseBeanTag so these tags
can be mixed and matched. So its easy to add new 'roots' which create a bean
and then reuse the Ant-like bean nesting features. e.g. this same mechanism
can be reused in JellySwing or JellySWT for example.

> All I have done is remove the requirement
> for the createXX method. Of course, the lookup for the addXX methods is
> somewhat expensive..
>
> I hope you find this useful
> Christian

Excellent. Thanks for these patches. They are all now applied to CVS.

I also added an extra test case to show the use of both MyBeanTagLibrary
which inherits from BeanTagLibrary as well as a test case using MyTagLibrary
which inherits from TagLibrary which just reuses the BeanTag and
BeanPropertyTag. i.e. to show that you can reuse this mechanism without
necessarily deriving from BeanTagLibrary.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/