commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [jelly] error reporting
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 15:16:29 GMT
From: "Christian Sell" <christian.sell@netcologne.de>
> I noticed 2 things regarding error reporting:
>
> 1. unknown core tags are simply ignored, the body is evaluated and the
> tag is written to stdout. Shouldnt there better be an exception instead?

Yes. I think we should refactor the TagLibrary implementation so that
mis-typed tags inside a known TagLibrary are reported as errors. There's a
bug report for this

http://jira.werken.com/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=JELLY-13

> 2. error messages (e.g., when exceptions occur) are written in a format
> that shows the line information at the very end of a usually rather long
> line. Shouldnt this better be something like
>
> file.jelly [22:3] - some error occurred
>
> or at least easily configurable.

Sounds good to me. The formatting is in JellyException.java  if you fancy
changing it. The file name might be quite long; how about a carriage return
before the file/line details?

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/