commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [jelly] value-of ??
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 19:03:45 GMT
> Jellyers,
>
> I seem to be missing an element that does the following: I have an xml
> parsed into a variable using, eg, xml:parse. Now I'd like to address
> this to the xml:transform element... without outputting it, of course !

It'd be a fairly minor patch to the transform tag to allow a node or nodeset
to be passed in as the source XML...

<x:parse var="doc" xml="foo.xml"|/>

<!-- define a variable to be the result of an XPath -->
<x:set var="input" select="$doc//foo[@bar='abc']"/>

<!-- now pass in the nodes to XSLT -->
<x:transform xslt="foo.xsl" xml="${input}"/>

Or we could do this instead right now I think, which is similar...

<x:parse var="doc" xml="foo.xml"|/>

<x:transform xslt="foo.xsl">
  <!-- stream the result nodes as SAX events into XSLT -->
  <x:copyOf select="$doc//foo[@bar='abc']"/>
</x:transform>

Yet another option could be to pass values into the stylesheet as a
parameter.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/