commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [jelly] taglib implementation questions
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:37:01 GMT
From: "Christian Sell" <christian.sell@netcologne.de>
> James Strachan wrote:
> >
> > Agreed. It should be pretty easy to do - fancy having a go? The existing
> > BeanTag and BeanPropertyTag do almost all you need - we'd just need the
> > BeanPropertyTag to be able to optionally support addFoo(Foo) methods by
> > invoking the no-arg constructor of Foo - right now it just uses the
> > createFoo() pattern.
>
> I have already started to do it. In what format do you want the changes?

Excellent! :-)

A patch would be great...

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/source.html#Patches

e.g.

cvs diff -u Main.java >> patchfile.txt

BTW (and forgive me if this is obious) if BeanTag and/or BeanPropertyTag are
patched to do what you need, then you'll be able to just reuse these classes
as is in your own TagLibrary without the need for inheritence which was one
of your early concerns. i.e. its a clean reuse

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/