commons-user mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Re: [Jelly] Creating Classes
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:17:53 GMT
From: "Mark R. Diggory" <>
> The struggle I have is that the new class/object needs to be
> introspectable using native java.lang.reflection utilities, I don't know
> if DynaBean can do this. Can it?

No it can't. Can you patch the introspection code to be DynaBean friendly?
e.g. beanutils is DynaBean aware, so if you used that for your
introspection, you'd get DynaBean support for free. (Incidentally reflection
& introspection are slightly different things).

Another approach could be to build something like the dynabean library that
uses BCEL underneath the covers to generate dynamic bytecode at runtime

Indeed maybe you could create a special kind of DynaClass which could
actually use BCEL to generate a real bean class which could then be
instantiated inside a DynaBean, so that it could still be used as a DynaBean
but which the real, underlying Java object could be extracted and passed
into your reflection/introspection code. That'd be kinda cool :-).

Do You Yahoo!?