commons-user mailing list archives

From "Aaron Bonner" <ajbon...@netspace.net.au>
Subject [httpclient] Proxied HTTPS
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 01:42:28 GMT
Hi, I've run into a problem attempting to execute methods through https while using a proxy.

I'm using the nightly built binary http://gump.covalent.net/jars/latest/jakarta-commons/commons-httpclient.jar

Easiest way to reproduce the problem is to edit the TrivialApp.java file that comes with the
HttpClient SRC distribution. Simply add the line
hc.setProxy("proxy.yourisp.net", proxyIntegerPortNumber);

Then attempt to load some https://www.url.com

I get the following exception both in my code, and in TrivialApp

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Already using a secure socket
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.tunnelCreated(HttpConnection.java:496)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.ConnectMethod.execute(ConnectMethod.java:118)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:556)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:473)
        at TrivialApp.main(TrivialApp.java:161)

If I attempt to load a standard http page, all works fine.

Im running this code on a Redhat 7.3, j2sdk 1.4.1 machine.

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Aaron.