commons-user mailing list archives

From "Derek A. Bodin" <bodi...@uwec.edu>
Subject [JXPath] problems with queries
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2003 23:17:31 GMT

I am trying to use JXPath for an Audio CD cataloging application. For
the sake of an example I have my java bean structure set up with a
collection of one CD like this: The context is a CDCollection, it holds
onto two Lists; a cdList and an artistList.  A CD has a list of tracks,
an artist and a name, an artist just has a name, and a track has a
trackNumber, name, minutes, seconds, and frames.  When I use a query
string such as: /cdList/tracks[trackNumber=2] I get the second track of
the only album I have entered.  When I use the string
/cdList[tracks/trackNumber=2] I get nothing when I would have expected
the album returned. Perhaps I am just using the wrong syntax, any ideas?

Thank you

Derek Bodin