commons-user mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: Totaly frustrated with commons-logging
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 00:24:39 GMT
Jeff_Mychasiw@nlgroup.ca writes:

>"Commons Logging doesn't need much (none at all) configuration."

[...]

>So I am confused as to how commons will just grab our log4j without me telling it.

Look athttp://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/api/org/apache/commons/logging/package-summary.html
(that is TFM. Read it. :-) There is even a section "Configuring
commons-logging which answers all your questions).

And there is a quick start guide at the middle of the page and a
description how commons-logging detects which logging API you want to
use.

Easiest is doing

System.getProperties().setProperty(LogFactory.class.getName(),
                                   Log4jFactory.class.getName());

at the start of your application.

	Regards
		Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0   info@intermeta.de
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20