commons-user mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: [logging] commons-logging tag library?
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:54:06 GMT

http://www.flamefew.net/~hen/logging/

contains an experimental commons-logging taglib I've knocked up. It
currently uses the exact same naming as the Log4J Log taglib. THe plus
side of this is that you can replace any existing code that is using log4j
with it, the downside is that you can't use the two jars in the same
webapp and that it doesn't have a different version yet.

The examples appear to work for me, though I don't see debug and I get
info going to the catalina.out file. I've configured nothing however and
am using commons-logging without any other logging library underneath it.

Let me know what you think,

Hen