commons-user mailing list archives

From "Christophe Marcourt" <christophe.marco...@mondeca.com>
Subject RE: problem wth CLI
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:12:20 GMT
Yes I use the 1.0 version and I don't get yet the CVS source...
I will update the sources of CLI, so.

Thank you

Christophe Marcourt
Mondeca
Ingénieur R&D
3, Cité Nollez. 75018 Paris
Phone : +33 1 44 92 35 03
Mobile : +33 6 14 48 65 66
Fax : +33 1 44 92 02 59
http://www.mondeca.com/fr
ICQ : #119811844

-----Message d'origine-----
De : John Keyes [mailto:jbjk@mac.com]
Envoyé : jeudi 12 décembre 2002 15:05
À : Jakarta Commons Users List
Objet : Re: problem wth CLI

Hi Christophe,

Are you using the 1.0 version?  A fix for this bug was
committed a few weeks ago to CVS.  I'll test this when
I get a chance.

-John K

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 13:59, Christophe Marcourt wrote:
> This is weird. I create two options (noChecking and noCreation) with a
long
> option and no short options.
> When I use the "-h" option to display the usage message, I only see the
> "--no-creation" option. Where is my "--no-checking" option ??? (;-))
>
> I know how to fix this bug. I just have to create these two options with a
> short option as well, but I don't want short options for these options...
>
> Below my sample code :
>
> public class Main() {
>
> public void createOptions() {
> Option noChecking =
> OptionBuilder.withLongOpt(Main.NO_CHECKING_OPTION).withDescription("add
this
> option if you don't want to check \nall the topic ref from the xtm file.
The
> checking process will be faster.").create();
>         Option noCreation =
> OptionBuilder.withLongOpt(Main.NO_CREATION_OPTION).withDescription("add
this
> option if you don't want to create\n all the topics and
> classifications.").create();
> Option wscr =

OptionBuilder.withArgName("id1,id2,id3,...").hasArgs().withValueSeparator(Ma
> in.ID_SEPARATOR).withDescription("required. A comma separated list of
> consultation rights
> id.").isRequired().create(Main.CONSULTATION_RIGHT_LIST_OPTION);
>         wscr.isRequired();
>         Option wser =

OptionBuilder.withArgName("id1,id2,id3,...").hasArgs().withValueSeparator(Ma
> in.ID_SEPARATOR).withDescription("required. A comma separated list of
> edition rights id.").isRequired().create(Main.EDITION_RIGHT_LIST_OPTION);
>         wser.isRequired();
>         Option wsuser =

OptionBuilder.withArgName("login/password").hasArgs(2).withValueSeparator(Ma
> in.LOGIN_PASSWORD_SEPARATOR).withDescription("required. The user's
> authentication.").isRequired().create(Main.USER_OPTION);
>         wsuser.isRequired();
>         Option lang = OptionBuilder.withArgName("language's
> id").hasArg().withDescription("the language used to create the new
objects.
> If ommited, the data items created will be available for all
> languages.").create(Main.LANG_OPTION);
>         Option help = new Option(Main.HELP_SHORT_OPTION,
> Main.HELP_LONG_OPTION, false, "print this message");
>         Option logLevel =
> OptionBuilder.withArgName("level").hasArg().withDescription("the console
log
> level. By default fatal.\ndebug : fine-grained informational events that
are
> most useful to debug an application\ninfo : informational messages that
> highlight the progress of the application at coarse-grained level\nwarn :
> potentially harmful situations\nerror : error events that might still
allow
> the application to continue running\nfatal : very severe error events that
> will presumably lead the application to abort\noff : turn off the

trace").withLongOpt(Main.LOG_LEVEL_LONG_OPTION).create(Main.LOG_LEVEL_SHORT_

<mailto:commons-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
--
John Keyes <jbjk@mac.com>