commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jukka Nikki" <Jukka.Ni...@Kolumbus.fi>
Subject VS: [messenger] problem running messenger
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 18:52:20 GMT
Thanks James,

I did find the problem. Tomcat 3.2.1 embedded inside JBuilder 5 did the
trick. After this it was quite straightforward, some quirks still..

1) Sample messenger.xml did contain reference to dtd file that I didn't have
(I took reference off)
2) Properties needed some thought before I got them fine (studied
javax.naming.Context static values)
3) Examples just needed addition of exception handling

To help any of you I'll put what I did to this message. This works with
WLS7+SP1 example server. Just install it, change configuration file path
from source and run these from your command line..

Messenger.XML
-------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manager>
  <!-- WLS 7 + SP1 queue test -->
  <messenger name="WLS_queue" jndiDestinations="true">
    <jndi lookupName="weblogic.examples.jms.QueueConnectionFactory"
topic="false">
      <property>
        <name>java.naming.factory.initial</name>
        <value>weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory</value>
      </property>
      <property>
        <name>java.naming.provider.url</name>
        <value>t3://127.0.0.1:7001</value>
      </property>
    </jndi>
  </messenger>
</manager>

SendMessage.java
----------------

package messengertest;

import org.apache.commons.messenger.*;
import javax.jms.*;
import javax.naming.*;
import org.apache.commons.logging.*;

public class sendMessage {

    // sending
    //Log log = logFactory
    Log log = LogFactory.getLog("Tester");
    try {
      // --- NOTE: Change path!!!
      MessengerManager.configure("file:c:/dev/messengertest/messenger.xml");
      log.info("Messenger configured");
      // get a Messenger and Destination
      Messenger messenger = MessengerManager.get("WLS_queue");
      log.info("WLS_queue initialized");
      Destination destination = messenger.getDestination
("weblogic.examples.jms.exampleQueue");
      log.info("Destination found");
      // now lets send a message
      TextMessage message = messenger.createTextMessage("testi");
      log.info("Message created");
      messenger.send( destination, message );
      log.info("Message sent");
    } catch (JMSException e) {
      e.printStackTrace();
      log.error("Sending error", e);
    }
  }
}

ReadMessage.java
----------------

package messengertest;

import org.apache.commons.messenger.*;
import javax.jms.*;
import org.apache.commons.logging.*;

public class ReadMessage {

    // sending
    //Log log = logFactory
    Log log = LogFactory.getLog("Tester");
    try {
      // --- NOTE: Change path!!!
      MessengerManager.configure("file:c:/dev/messengertest/messenger.xml");
      log.info("Messenger configured");
      // get a Messenger and Destination
      Messenger messenger = MessengerManager.get("WLS_queue");
      log.info("WLS_queue initialized");
      Destination destination = messenger.getDestination
("weblogic.examples.jms.exampleQueue");
      log.info("Destination found");
      // now lets read a message
      Message message = messenger.receive(destination);
      log.info("Message received");
      System.out.println("Got text: "+((TextMessage)message).getText());
      log.info("Message parsed");
    } catch (JMSException e) {
      e.printStackTrace();
      log.error("receiving error", e);
    }
  }
}

If any of you needs straightforward message receiving and sending facade
this one is easy to understand and gives some extras too..

- Jukkis