commons-user mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <robertburrelldon...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: [betwixt] info on .betwixt files, "add" methods, and CyclicReferenceExceptions
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 19:44:41 GMT
On Sunday, December 15, 2002, at 09:54 PM, Darren Scott wrote:

<snip>

> While we're still on the subject of betwixt I'm still confused about its
> use of "add" methods on beans? Am I right in thinking that if I'm only
> using betwixt to write XML from a bean, the "add" methods don't come
> into it? If I'm wrong about this, how exactly do they get used (after
> all that means betwixt would be adding objects to a collection in my
> bean - how can that be?)

AFAIK they are only used when reading but i'm not 100% sure on this point.
  this is something that i need to look into anyway so i'll try to get back
to you if i'm wrong.

BTW if you're into IRC there's a #betwixt channel on irc.werken.com where
martin hangs out (a lot) and myself (sometimes).

- robert