commons-user mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] custom variables
Date Sun, 29 Dec 2002 09:17:20 GMT

On Dimanche, d├ęce 29, 2002, at 01:16 Europe/Brussels, Todd Trimmer
wrote:
>>> Is there a way to get a JellyContext into a doTag() method
>> But there is !
>> TagSupport.getContext(), absolutely no proxying whatsoever.
>
> Perfect! Whenever I saw "TagSupport" in the docs, I kept erroneously
> assuming this meant javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.TagSupport. My mistake.

Ooooh, indeed.
I think Jelly is trying to provide most of what JSP can do but does not
use any of it. It is kind of mentionned in some of the documentation, I
think.

I you happen to use to Jelly within servlets, you might want to think
about submitting your code, I think several people developing jelly
would have interest into an implementation similar to the JSP servlet.

Paul