commons-user mailing list archives

From "Mark R. Diggory" <mdigg...@latte.harvard.edu>
Subject Questions about Jelly
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2002 17:17:39 GMT
> Differences
>
>     * Jelly has full support for pluggable expression languages. The default expression
language is a
> superset of the one used in JSP, JSTL and JSF which supports conditional expressions,
navigating
> bean properties, and working with Maps, Collections, Lists, arrays etc. Jexl is the current
> implementation which adds some Velocity-like enhancements like method calls on beans
etc.

1.) Is there a place I can find documentation about the scripting
language used by Jelly? What is supported by Jelly in comparision to the
EL inside of the JSTL?

I see examples like this:

   <frame title="This is a frame" var="frame" location="100,100"
size="800,400">
     <menuBar>

${frame.show()}

does this mean that Jelly supports direct method calls (something
JSTL/EL is currently working towards?)